Mission, Vision & Values
The mission of the Professional Development Program is to make a difference in a changing world by linking the learning, applied research, and evaluation resources of the University with the continuing professional education needs of the public service.
To be the premiere public service continuing professional education and training program, known for both the high quality of our work and the excellence of our people.
Our Core Beliefs and Values
We stand for:
- The belief that government and those who work in the public service are of critical value to communities and citizens, and that by helping government work better, we make a difference in the lives of citizens.
- Education and training that adds substantial value to the development, management, and delivery of government services.
- Deep commitment to the principles of adult education, best practices in organization development, and effective learning experiences.
We strive for:
- Excellence in our work, integrity in our actions, responsiveness to our partners, and equity in our treatment of each other at all times.
- Total participation of an outstanding and diverse workforce in an environment distinguished by collaboration, responsiveness, creativity, and a strong partner focus.
- Creative, well-managed working partnerships for learning.
- Collegiality and openness to new ideas, honest communication, and the pursuit of knowledge.